Thursday, August 28

You'll Think I'm Crazy

I started "couponing" a couple months ago. It takes some time and a little effort but it's been worth it.

I went shopping on Tuesday and bought these things:

  • 2 Land O Lakes Spreadable Butter containers
  • 4 boxes Fiber One Granola Bars
  • 3 boxes Nature Valley Granola Bars
  • 1 box Curves Granoloa Bars
  • 12 Double Roll package of Angel Soft
  • 4 Single Roll package of Cottonelle
  • 3 packages of 80 Walgreens Paper Plates
  • 1 Glade Plug-in with Lavender Vanilla Scented Oil
  • 1 Reach Toothbrush, and
  • 1 Scotch Tape

I paid $.30 cents for the tape (we really needed it) and $1.03 in tax.

That's right, I got all this for $1.33!

8 comments:

renhallows said...

TEach ME!!!

jack+alli said...

yeah, i do think you're crazy....crazy for not telling us your secrets! i wanna know!

Unknown said...

Do you do Coupon Sense? I just started doing that and absolutely love it! I think I may host a workshop here in the next few weeks. I had tried doing coupons before, but this really helped me do much better!

Heather said...

Good for you. I'd love some tips too. Post your secrets if you can!!

Ruth said...

My tips and secrets:

Go to www.pinchingyourpennies.com (a FREE comprehensive website created and hosted by "couponers" who want to share their deals).

Click the link for Coupons 101. Get coupons, get organized.

Visit the forum for your state to find deals. Go shopping! and ask me if you have questions.

Mike + Mignon said...

Ruthie, you rock! Buy some extra food for ME! Thanks for the private party with Jackson - hope the rest of his weekend was fabulous. Great job at EVERYTHING!

Unknown said...

that is crazy! it was great seeing you and your family last night. your kids are adorable.

Lauren and Brian Davis said...

hey sam and ruth! gosh it's been a while! i think the last time i saw you was my wedding a year and a half ago! hope you guys are doing fabulous. stay in touch!
brianandlaurendavis.blogspot.com